BackgroundThe Government of the Republic of the Philippines, in cooperation with the International Labour Organization (ILO), is undertaking a major reform that strengthens the linkages between labour, environment, and economic policies to foster decent jobs and a just transition towards a sustainable, climate-resilient and inclusive growth.
The Asian Development Bank is embarking on a new strategy - Strategy 2030 - where quality jobs is a priority area to effectively respond to the changes brought about by a rapidly evolving Asia and the Pacific, which is in alignment with the Sustainable Development Goals and the Paris Agreement on climate change. By invitation only. Please contact Ms Cristina Martinez for more information.
Welcome and opening session
- Mr Emmanuel de Guzman, Secretary, Climate Change Commission (CCC), Government of the Philippines
- Ms Tomoko Nishimoto, Assistant Director-General and Regional Director, ILO Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific (ILO ROAP)
- Mr Rana Hasan, Director of Development Economics and Indicators Division, Economic Research and Regional Cooperation Department, ADB
- Mr Romell Cuenca, Assistant Secretary, Climate Change Commission (CCC), Government of the Philippines
- Mr Alex Avila, Assistant Secretary, Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE), Government of the Philippines
Open discussionKick-off comments from the floor :
- Mr Jose Sonny Matula, National President, Federation of Free Workers (FFW)
- Mr Federico R. Marquez, Jr, Governor, Employers’ Confederation of the Philippines (ECOP)
- Mr Khalid Hassan, Director, ILO Country Office for the Philippines (ILO CO-Manila)
- Mr Kelly Bird, Country Director, ADB Philippines